Time for a new post outlining my next set of games. As usual, I took my full list from a variety of sources, some of which are very liberal in labeling something an RPG. There’s also a burst of PCE games in this section. The bolded games are the ones I will be playing.
The first three games on the list are all games that I think qualify as Action RPGs, but I’m not 100% certain about any of them.
- Lady Stalker: Challenge from the Past
- Mahoujin Guruguru
- Rejoice: From Far Aretha’s Kingdom (the last game in the Aretha series)
- La Wares (This game is notorious as a kusoge)
- River Fishing 2 (this game may technically qualify but it’s mostly a fishing game rather than an RPG, and I’m not a big fan of fishing games.)
- PCE Gulliver Boy (This is a different game from the Super Famicom RPG of the same name, although both based on the same anime)
- Elfaria II (Sequel to the auto battle game I played earlier)
- PCE Nekketsu Legend Baseballer
- Princess Minerva (I already played the PCE version)
- Ruin Arm
- Der Langrisser (I played the PC-FX version on the SRPG side)
- Gran Historia
- Little Master 3 (already done on the SRPG side
- Tottemo! Lucky Man (I may reevaluate this when I reach this point, but I don’t believe this quite qualifies as an action RPG for me.)
- PCE Xanadu II (Apparently much shorter and simpler than the first Xanadu game)
No big names in this list. The huge hitter for 1995 will be the last set (October-December), although the next block does have Seiken Densetsu 3 in it.